The Friends of St John’s (FOSJ) organise wonderful social events to allow parents to mix and get more involved in school life. It also fund raises for the benefit of the pupils at the school.
There are lots of opportunities for parents to help out with the FOSJ throughout the year and it can be lots of fun!
Officially the committee consists of five elected officers. The committee is assisted by a group of parents who represent each year group, ensuring that each year group has a voice.
Following the Annual General Meeting on October 1st 2019, the following committee have been voted in:
- Chairperson: Nicole Ricketts
- Treasurer: Alison Hammond
- Secretary: Sally Blandford
- Communications Rep: Jo Thompson
The new committee is in place to continue the great fundraising work that the former committee have done for the school in the past. We would like to thank the former members for all their hard work in raising vital funds for:
- The Adventure Playground
- Hockey & Rugby Kits
- Children’s Easter Egg Hunt
- Fireworks Event
- Table Tennis Tables & Kits
As the new committee, we have already begun planning some exciting events for the year. These include the annual Fireworks display, Quiz Night, Christmas Fayre and others.
We have a Facebook page for the purpose of keeping you up-to-date with events and activities – please like ‘Friends of St Johns on the Hill’ in order to see these updates.
All year groups now have a ‘Year Rep’ helping to communicate with parent and teachers about school events and activities.
Year Reps for this current school year are as follows:
- Kindergarten: Nicky Simpson
- Reception: Katie Weeks & Sally Blandford
- Year 1: Sarah Grundy & Dione Trevelyan
- Year 2: Lucy Kendall
- Year 3: Debbie Wong & Sian Roberts
- Year 4: Victoria Salisbury & James Hearn
- Year 5: Melissa Strong
- Year 6: Jennie Chew
- Year 7: Izabela Hembrow & Emma Couchman
- Year 8: Anita Turner
Please email FOSJ@deanclosestjohns.org.uk to contact the committee.