Why choose St John's?
Choosing Dean Close St John’s for your child is about more than just an education. By selecting us to educate your child, you are deciding to give them the gift of freedom and exploration in their learning - the independence to explore what learning means to them, inside and outside the classroom. You are making the decision to give your child the best opportunity to have their creativity and passions nurtured, and to become a person who lives with a sense of curiosity. St John’s leans on Christian values, to be utterly kind in every situation then to leave and enter the wider world as a confident learner, a faithful friend and a compassionate leader.
Alongside this approach, these are some further reasons why parents choose Dean Close St John’s:
- We are a close-knit, family-orientated school with excellent pastoral support
- Small class sizes mean every child is well known and supported
- Flexible and able to work around each child's needs
- Inclusive – we encourage every child to participate in their engagement with academic learning and extra-curricular activities
- Excellent wraparound care and flexi-boarding
- 100% success at PSB (Pre Senior Baccalaureate) and very high rate of senior school scholarships.
- Scholarships continue to Dean Close School, Cheltenham
- A unique location - beautiful and historic, close to the Wye Valley and Forest of Dean, nestling on the border of England and Wales with Bristol (25 minutes) Cardiff (42 minutes), Newport (30 mins) and Monmouth (35 minutes) on the doorstep, with school buses servicing these areas
- We are a school that values childhood with a focus on being outdoors and exploration